Friday, April 21, 2017

Thanks for the Compliment

"You're a HORRIBLE Ref!"

I replied, "Thank you for the compliment!"

The Visiting Team had just lost the deciding Volleyball Match on a botched play at the net. Rather than admit he had blown the Spike attempted, a player wanted to blame me for not calling the opponent in the net.

First of all, I was the R1 (The Ref on the ladder) and the Net Fault Calls are the primary responsibility of the R2, who did not call a Net Fault.

When I said, "Thank for the compliment," the kid looked goofily at me and stammered, "Wwhhhat did you say?"
"hey ref did you see that" by Elaina Karen via Flickr

I responded, "I said 'Thanks for the compliment.' Last week I was the called 'The worst Referee ever!' If I am only a horrible Ref tonight, then that means I have improved! So thanks for the compliment!"

He was not amused......but I was!






No comments:

Post a Comment