Wednesday, October 4, 2017

No One Prays for the Refs


I refereed at a Church affiliated High School tonight and, appropriate for a Church affiliated School, there was a prayer before the National Anthem and Tip Off.

All the Church affiliated schools pray before their games. They pray for their school, their players, their coaches, the opposing teams, the fans that support them and their parents. They pray for everyone's welfare EXCEPT the Referee's......and then wonder why they get "bad calls"!

I mentioned that one day to a school official when Refereeing at a Christian High School and she said " I'll have that fixed by the next time you come here to Referee a game!!" Sure enough, the next time I was at that school the prayer included the Referees! Not sure it resulted in any fewer bad calls, tho......

I do suspect a few coaches when they see me walk into the gym are thinking, "Oh Lord, not him again!!!" Which isn't quite the same thing as a prayer, I don't suppose.......


Image "clasp hands" by Stephen Platt via Flickr.com





No comments:

Post a Comment