Tuesday, March 7, 2017

"What are YOU gonna do about that, Ref?"

So queried the Captain of a Men's Recreational League in the 1st Half of a game I was refereeing. 6 Fouls to 0.

"That's not right!" He further protested.

I looked at the Scoreboard and replied, "I agree, it's awful that your team has committed so many Fouls."

"Well, what are you gonna do to FIX it?" He further pushed.


"What am I gonna do to fix it? Well, I'm gonna keep calling fouls on YOUR Team realizes I am not gonna let them get away with all the cheap stuff they've been doing and they stop it!" Was my response.

"But you'll foul us all out!" He complained.

"If that's what it takes for your team to play straight up basketball, then that's OK with me."

By some miracle that team suddenly stopped the cheap stuff and went on to win a close game.

Sometimes you just gots to let folks know where the line is drawn so they know how to behave......







No comments:

Post a Comment